The Investigator

I will be updating this, at the very least, 2-3 times a week.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Niokala: Inner Monologue Part 2

Yes. I love him. Yes. He murdered my mother and my father. We sleep in the same bed and he is to wear the crown as well as I after our marriage. Elghrinn may have been an assassin once, but now he is my lover and I his.

Elghrinn was an assassin hired, I'm more than certain, by that devil child Niokala's true mother, Mechora, to come and slaughter my family before burning down my home. But her plan of ruling the land met up with a little hitch when he met me. Certainly, my mother and father met their fate and I hope that it wasn't too terribly gruesome, and much of my home was torn to rubble, but then that man met me. He planned to rape me, I knew, but he couldn't bring himself to kill me. Obviously he has some taste and knows beauty when he sees it. It didn't make me any less angry, though, and I did hunt him down and chased him with whatever I could find to knock his head off. It is almost funny to look back at now, me chasing him around the dimly lit city square with a chair leg held above my head. He was a good sport for putting up with that.

Somehow we fell in love, though. He is a darling man. I know most of the country side is against me marrying him and claiming him King along side me, but it is what he is. He isn't wedging his way into my heart only to get to the kingdom, is he?